This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Micro-Mechanics Pte Ltd (“MMS”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process, personal data of any user from all manner of their engagement(s) with MMS in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”).
Terminologies used in this Notice,
“user’ refers to an individual who has contacted or engaged with MMS via our website or available communication means for related information of our goods and/or services and/or policies; and
“personal data” refers to related information which can identify an individual and that we have access from past engagement with User. Examples of personal data of an individual are name, address, phone numbers, email address, national identity number, etc ; and
other terms used in this Notice shall have the same meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We collect your personal data from you under the following instances:
- you request for information about our goods and/or services and/or policies to be sent to you
- you require us to contact you via telephone, email or other communication mode
- you voluntarily provide feedback to us about our goods and/or services and/or policies
- you visit to our premises
Whilst, we use computer cookies to ‘remember’ browsing preferences of users of our websites to provide a better user experience, they do not link to an individual identity nor used to identify an individual.
- We collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- provision of our obligations for goods and/or services requested by you
- identity verification to facilitate engagement with user
- managing user queries, requests, complaints, feedbacks and form submissions
- where it is required by applicable laws and regulations of government authority
- distribution of our company information/material requested by you
- security purpose when you visit our premises
- We generally do not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless required by law.
- We may collect, disclose or use your personal data pursuant to an exception under the Personal Data Protection Act or other written law such as during the following situations; (a) to respond to an emergency that threatens your life, health and safety or of another individual and (b) necessary in the national interest for any investigation or proceedings.
- We will notify you of our purpose before we collect, use or disclose your personal data and obtain your prior written confirmation of your expressed consent. Personal data collected will not be more than the intended purpose. In the event that the original purpose of collection, use and disclosure has changed, we will seek a fresh written consent from you.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- Your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid unless withdrawn in writing. You can contact our Data Protection Officer to request withdrawal of your original consent to the use and/or disclosure of your personal data.
- Depending on the nature and scope of your consent withdrawal request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods and/or services to you.
- Upon receipt of your written request to our Data Protection Officer, we will process your request within thirty (30) calendar days and advise you by return.
- Withdrawing your consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.